- Synthesis and characterization of various metal, metal oxide, and polymeric nanoparticles for biomedical applications
- Cilia targeted nanoparticles for the treatment of vascular hypertension and polycystic kidney disease.
- Antibody/ligand targeted drug delivery.
- Preclinical pharmacology & toxicology of small molecule drugs and nanomedicines.
Honors: Indian Council of Medical Research Fellow
Ph.D. CSIR- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Master’s degree in Biotechnology, Department of Biotechnology and Biochemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, India.
Peer-Reviewed Publications (Total Citations > 650)
- Qamar Aqeel Alshammari, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Nir Katzir, Surya M. Nauli. “Label-free spectral imaging to study drug distribution and metabolism in single living cells” Scientific Reports (In Press). (IF: 4.0)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, VT Anju, Madhu Dyavaiah, Siddhardha Busi, Surya M Nauli. “Nanoparticle-Mediated Drug Delivery for the Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases.” International journal of nanomedicine (2020) 15, 3741. (Co-Corresponding Author) (IF: 5.1)
- Ashraf M. Mohieldin, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Madhawi Alanazi, Ashwaq Alanazi, Kiumars Shamloo, Amir Ahsan, Wissam A. AbouAlaiwi, James J. Moresco, John R. Yates III, Surya M. Nauli. “Proteomic Identiﬁcation Reveals the Role of Ciliary Extracellular-Like Vesicle in Cardiovascular Function”. Advanced Science (2020), 7, 1903140. Featured as Journal Cover Page) (IF: 15.8)
- Busi Siddhardha, Uday Pandey, K. Kaviyarasu, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Asad Syed, Ali H. Bahkali and Abdallah M. Elgorban. Chrysin-Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles Potentiates Antibiofilm Activity against Staphylococcus aureus. Pathogens (2020) 9, 115. (IF: 3.0)
- Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Ashraf M. Mohieldin, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Dagmar Wachten, Rennolds S. Ostrom, Surya M. Nauli. “Sensory primary cilium is a responsive cAMP microdomain in renal epithelia”. Scientific Reports (2019) 9, 6523. (IF: 4.0)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Ashraf M. Mohieldin, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Sarmed H. Kathem, Kiumars Shamloo, Zhongyue Luan, Jing Zhou, Jian-Guo Zheng, Amir Ahsan, and Surya M. Nauli. “Ciliotherapy: Remote Control of Primary Cilia Movement and Function by Magnetic Nanoparticles”. ACS Nano (2019) 13, 3555-3572. (IF: 14.6)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Ashraf M. Mohieldin, Kiumars Shamloo, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Sarmed H. Kathem, Jing Zhou, Zhongyue Luan, Jian-Guo Zheng, Amir Ahsan, and Surya M. Nauli. “Personalized nanotherapy by specifically targeting cell organelles to improve vascular hypertension”. Nano Letters (2019) 19, 904-914. (IF: 12.3)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Chao Huang, Siddhardha Busi, Jobina Rajkumari, Ming-Hong Tai, Gang Liu. “Green synthesized nanomaterials as theranostic platforms for cancer treatment: principles, challenges and the road ahead”. Current Medicinal Chemistry (2019) 26, 1311-1327. (IF: 4.2)
- Zeng, Y., Zhu, J., Wang, J., Parasuraman, P., Busi, S., Nauli, S. M., Wáng, Y., Rajasekharreddy Pala, Liu. “Functional probes for cardiovascular molecular imaging”. Quantitative imaging in medicine and surgery (2018) 8, 838-852. (Co-Corresponding Author) (IF: 3.2)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Jamal, Maha, Alshammari, Qamar, Nauli, Surya. M. “The Roles of Primary cilia in cardiovascular diseases”. Cells (2018) 7, 233. (Featured as Journal Cover Page) (IF: 4.4)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Yun Zeng, Subhaswaraj Pattnaik, Siddhardha Busi, Alomari Nedaa, Nauli Surya M, Gang Liu. “Functionalized silver nanoparticles for sensing, molecular imaging and therapeutic applications”. Current Nanomedicine (2018) 8, 234-250.
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Pathipati Usha Rani, Mattapally Saidulu, Sanjay K. Banerjee. “Ultra-small silver nanoparticles induced ROS activated Toll-pathway against Staphylococcus aureus disease in silkworm model”. Materials Science and Engineering: C (2017) 77, 990-1002. (Corresponding Author) (IF: 5.9)
- Jobina Rajkumari, Siddhardha Busi, Aneesh Cherukunnel Vasu, Rajasekharreddy Pala. “Facile green synthesis of baicalein fabricated gold nanoparticles and their antibiofilm activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1”. Microbial Pathogenesis (2017) 107, 261-269. (IF: 2.9)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Nedaa Alomari, Surya M. Nauli. “Primary cilium-dependent signaling mechanisms”. International Journal of Molecular Sciences (2017) 18, 2272. (IF: 4.5)
- Kiumars Shamloo, Juan Chen, Jasmine Sardar, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Kimberly F. Atkinson,William J. Pearce, Lubo Zhang, Surya M. Nauli. “Chronic hypobaric hypoxia modulates primary cilia differently in adult and fetal ovine kidneys”. Frontiers in Physiology (2017) 8, 677. (IF: 3.3)
- Nauli, Surya M., Rajasekharreddy Pala, and Steven J. Kleene. “Calcium channels in primary cilia”. Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension (2016) 25, 452-458. (IF: 2.5)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala & Pathipati Usha Rani. “Biofabrication of Ag nanoparticles using Sterculia foetida L. seed extract and their toxic potential against mosquito vectors and HeLa cancer cells”. Materials Science and Engineering: C (2014) 39, 203-212. (IF: 5.9)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala & Pathipati Usha Rani. “Biosynthesis and characterization of Pd and Pt nanoparticles using Piper betle L. plant in a photoreduction method”. Journal of Cluster Science(2014) 25, 1377-1388. (IF: 1.7)
- Praveen Kumar Kalavagunta, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Usha Rani Pathipati, Narender Ravirala. “Identification of β-Naphthol derivatives as novel antifeedants and insecticides-I”. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (2014) 62, 6571-6576. (IF: 4.1)
- Rajasekharreddy Pala & Pathipati Usha Rani. “Nontoxic effects of biologically synthesized silver nanoparticles on silkworm, Bombyx mori L.”. Hexapoda (2012) 19, 74-78.
- Pathipati Usha Rani & Rajasekharreddy Pala. “Green synthesis of silver-protein (core–shell) nanoparticles using Piper betle L. leaf extract and its ecotoxicological studies on Daphnia magna”. Colloids and Surfaces: A (2011) 389, 188-194. (IF: 4.0)
- Pathipati Usha Rani, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Kommu Nagaiah. “Allelopathic effects of (2n-octylcycloprop-1-enyl)-octanoic acid (I) against Four Major Weeds”. Allelopathy Journal (2011) 28, 179-188. (IF: 1.2)
- Pala Rajasekharreddy, Pathipati Usha Rani, Bojja Sreedhar. “Qualitative assessment of silver and gold nanoparticle synthesis in various plants: a photobiological approach”. Journal of Nanoparticle Research (2010) 12, 1711-1721. (IF: 2.1)
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani. “Toxic properties of certain botanical extracts against three major stored product pests”. Journal of Biopesticides (2010) 3, 586-589. (IF: 0.5)
- Pathipati Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy. “Insecticidal activity of (2n-octylcycloprop-1-enyl)-octanoic acid (I) against three coleopteran stored product insects from Sterculia foetida (L.)”. Journal of Pest Science (2010) 83, 273-279. (IF: 4.5)
- Pathipati Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy. “Toxic and antifeedant activities of Sterculia foetida (L.) seed crude extract against Spodoptera litura (F.) and Achaea janata (L.)”. Journal of Biopesticides(2009) 2, 161-164. (IF: 0.5)
Peer reviewed conference full publications
- Rajasekharreddy Pala & Surya M. Nauli. “Remote control of mechano-sensory function of primary cilia by Fe2O3 nanoparticles in ciliopathic animal models”. TechConnect Briefs (2019) 385-388.
- Rajasekharreddy Pala & Surya M. Nauli. “Personalized nanomedicine for the treatment of vascular hypertension in polycystic kidney disease models”. TechConnect Briefs (2019) 405-408.
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Subhaswaraj Pattnaik, Yun Zeng, Siddhardha Busi, Surya M. Nauli, Gang Liu. “Functional MOFs as molecular imaging probes and theranostics”. Metal Organic Frameworks for Biomedical Applications (2020), Chapter 19, 425-443.
- Rinzhin T Sherpa, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Ashraf M Mohieldin, Surya M Nauli. “Measurement of cytoplasmic and cilioplasmic calcium in a single living cell”. Methods in cell biology (2019) 153: 25-42.
- Pathipati Usha Rani & Rajasekharreddy Pala. “Plants: The green factories for synthesis of nanomaterials”. Nanotechnology (2013) 6: 51-78.
- Rajasekharreddy Pala and Surya M. Nauli. Targeting Polycystic kidney disease with nanomedicines. (IDF submitted, World patent application # pending).
- Rajasekharreddy Pala and Surya M. Nauli. Cilia targeted nano devices. (US Patent, US 62/941.208).
- Rajasekharreddy Pala & K.P Kumar. A method for isolation of an Ortho Quinone Methide intermediate. (PCT/IB2015/057628), WIPO publication no. WO/2016/059511
- KP Kumar, Rajasekharreddy Pala, V. Narendar, P. Usha Rani Novel synthesis of 2-aminobenzothiazolomethyl naphthol derivatives and their antifeedant activity. (File No 0802/DEL/2013).
Editor (Active): Journal of Drug Design and Discovery Research; Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery and Heart Diseases; BioMed Research Journal; Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology Journal; Archive of Biomedical Science and Engineering; Journal of Chemistry and Applications.
Reviewer (Active): Journal of Controlled Release; Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine; Materials Science & Engineering C; Future Medicine-Nanomedicine; International Journal of Nanomedicine; Applied Nanoscience, Materials Letters; Journal of clinical toxicology; American Journal of Advanced Drug Delivery, Colloids and Surfaces A & B, Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology…Etc.