Assistant Professor in Pharmacology Department , School of medicine at king Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA.
- Graduated with Pharm D. degree from faculty of pharmacy at King Abdulaziz University in 2010
- Graduated with master degree in pharmacology in 2015 from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science (MCPHS) University in Boston, United States.
Scientific activities attended:
- Experimental Biology (EB) Meeting: held from March 28th till April 1st 2015 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston , MA, United States.
- Presenting a poster atExperimental Biology (EB) Meeting held from April 6-9th 2019 at the Orange county Convention Center in Orlando , FL, United States.
- Al-Sharif A., Jamal M., Zhang L., Larson K., Schmidt T., Jay G., Elsaid KA. Lubricin/Proteoglycan 4 Binding to CD44 Receptor: A Mechanism of Lubricin’s suppression of Pro-inflammatory Cytokine Induced Synoviocyte Proliferation. Arthritis & Rheumatology 2015;67(6):1503-13.
- Alquraini A, Jamal M, Zhang L, Schmidt T, Jay GD, Elsaid KA. The autocrine role of proteoglycan-4 (PRG4) in modulating osteoarthritic synoviocyte proliferation and expression of matrix degrading enzymes. Arthritis Research & Therapy. 2017;19:89.
- Pala R, Jamal M, Alshammari Q, Nauli SM. The Roles of Primary Cilia in Cardiovascular Diseases. Cells. 2018;7(12):233.
- Jamal, M. H., Nunes, A. C. F., Vaziri, N. D., Ramchandran, R., Bacallao, R. L., Nauli, A. M., & Nauli, S. M. (2020). Rapamycin treatment correlates changes in primary cilia expression with cell cycle regulation in epithelial cells. Biochemical Pharmacology, 114056.
Abstracts Accepted for Poster Presentation:
- Afnan Alsharif, Maha Jamal, Schmidt T, Jay GD and Khaled Elsaid. Binding Affinity of Recombinant Human Proteoglycan 4 (rhPRG4) to CD 44 Receptors and Its Relationship to Inhibition of Interleukin-1 Beta Induced Fibroblast-like Synoviocyte Proliferation. NERDG meeting March 28-31, 2014.
- Maha Jamal and Surya Nauli. The role of primary cilia in cancer. Experimental Biology (EB) Meeting April 6-9, 2019.
- Maha Jamal and Surya Nauli. The Effect of Primary Cilia Restoration on Cancer Cells. Experimental Biology (EB) Meeting April 4-7, 2020.