Supported BA in English learning outcomes
- Students will develop their skill in crafting a compelling thesis-driven essay, with substantiating evidence.
- Students will develop their skill in finding, analyzing, and utilizing secondary sources (including appropriate methods of citation).
- Students will develop their skill in writing grammatically, coherently, and persuasively.
- Students will develop their ability to explain and apply significant theoretical and critical approaches in the field of English studies.
Course-specific learning outcomes
Students will be able to write persuasively
- about the relationship of the “aesthetic” to
- other subjects of knowledge
- about how critical literary frames constrain and/or enable texts
- while composing rhetorical analyses of literary texts
- in the forms of academic discourse
- with an understanding of the role of literature in shaping social values