Registration is currently closed.
Welcome to the conference website!
We are so pleased you’ve chosen to join us for this year’s IETL and ETS Summer Academy on Teaching on August 13 and 14. We have an exciting program planned with a variety of session topics and formats, designed in response to your needs and those of our students. Please take a few minutes to review this page, as well as those in the menu, before arriving. This website will be updated throughout the conference, and all materials (handouts, files, etc.) will be available from this site.
Things to do/know before the conference
- Review the Schedule and Session Descriptions : All of our presenters have provided brief descriptions of their content. Some sessions encourage you to bring syllabi or other documents to contribute to the activities, so please take a few moments to review them in advance.
- Location: All of our activities will be held in Beckman Hall unless otherwise directed, (campus map) on the Orange Campus. Here are walking directions to Beckman Hall from both the Barrera and Lastinger Parking Structures.
- Start/end time: We will begin at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday with check-in and continental breakfast on the 4th floor of Beckman Hall and our first session will start promptly at 9 a.m. We will end no later than 3 p.m. on Tuesday . We will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday with breakfast and our first session will start at 8:30 a.m. and the day will conclude by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday. You can also review our menu for all meals in advance if you’d like.
- Parking: The closest parking lots to Beckman Hall are Barrera (behind the Fowler School of Law; ‘BA’ on the campus map) and Lastinger (under Wilson Field; ‘LA’ on the campus map). Parking shuttles are available from the West Palm (WP) and West Campus (WC) parking lots if you wish to park in them.
- NEW FACULTY ONLY: Parking permits are required to park on campus. If you need a temporary permit, please email Kara before August 7, and we will email you a temporary permit for August 13 & 14.
- Connect with other attendees: Both before, during, and after the conference, we encourage you to reach out via social media to connect and share your experiences with other faculty. Like and follow the IETL on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (direct links to our pages provided). The conference hashtag is #2019SAT – please use this to tag your posts!
You may wish to bring
- A smartphone/tablet with a QR reader app installed. If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can open the camera app from your home screen and hold your device so that the QR code appears in the camera’s viewfinder. Your device should automatically recognize the QR code and pull up the link. There will be QR code’s on your registration packet for the conference website, schedule and session descriptions.
- Your own laptop/tablet, particularly if you will be attending technology sessions and want to ‘follow along.’ Sessions that require a digital device will be held in rooms with them available.
- Some presenters will be using mobile learning apps (such as PollEverywhere). Having a WiFi enabled device (smartphone, laptop, tablet) will be necessary to participate.
- A sweater/jacket, as the meeting rooms may be cold. Please dress comfortably; feel free to come in clothing that is less formal than what you might wear to class.
What if I have questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the conference, the website, or if you have any difficulties accessing any materials. We are here to help and look forward to your participation.