Student Grace Montgomery awarded a Chapman Italian Studies Council Travel Course Grant

Italian Studies student Grace Montgomery has been awarded with a Chapman Italian Studies Council Travel Class Grant in support of her participation in the upcoming summer immersion course in Taormina, Sicily. This award is named after the philanthropic group that has supported the development and outreach activity of CU’s Italian Studies program since 2013. For more information on the Council and how to contribute to its effort, please visit this link.

“Ciao!  My name is Grace Montgomery and I am a freshman here at Chapman University majoring in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance.  When I heard that Chapman offered Italian as a foreign language, I enrolled in Italian 101 and instantly fell in love with the language and culture.  My maternal grandmother is Sicilian, making me a solid 1/4th Italian.  Although it is not my complete genetic make-up, I have always felt this sort of pull to Italian culture and mannerisms; Italian culture just felt like home.  I quickly decided to minor in Italian and I have accepted the position of President of the Chapman Italian Club for the 2019 school year. My dream for the future is that I will somehow find a career that will mix both my passion for Business and Italian in the workplace.”

This entry was posted in Community, Students Success. Bookmark the permalink.