Current Research Interests:
Generating nano medicines for the treatment of vascular hypertension and polycystic kidney disease..
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (February 2015-Present): School of Pharmacy, Chapman University, USA & University of California Irvine, USA.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (July-2014 to January 2015): CSIR-IICT, India
- PhD (June 2008 to July 2014): Biological Sciences, AcSIR, and CSIR-IICT, India.
- MSc (June-2006 to June 2008): Biotechnology, Osmania University, India.
- BSc (June 2003 to July 2006): Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Chemistry, Kakatiya University, India.
PhD Thesis Title:
Green synthesis and characterization of Ag, Au, Pd and Pt nanoparticles and their utilization in control of Staphylococcus aureus in silkworm model.
Silkworm, Bombyx mori as in vivo model of human pathogen infection and demonstration of efficacy by biologically synthesized noble metal nanoparticles. Indian Council of Medical Research- Extramural Research Fellowship Programme (2011-2014) (Project No: ICMR-45/15- Nan/Bms) (Grant Amount: $ 20,000).
- Covington WhosWho honored member for the year 2015.
- Selected as ICMR-Senior Research Fellow grant under Biomedical Sciences in 2011.
- Outstanding (A+) performance in AcSIR course work entitled, Project writing and Presentation & Thesis writing and Presentation-2014.
- Nominated for the financial support from the DST and CSIR for participating in 4th International Congress Nanotechnology, Medicine and Biology, Krems, Austria (2013).
- Pala Rajasekharreddy, Pathipati Usha Rani, Mattapally Saidulu & Sanjay K. Banerjee (2017). Ultra-small silver nanoparticles induced ROS activated Toll-pathway against Staphylococcus aureus disease in silkworm model. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 77; 990-1002.https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S09284931163238Pala Rajasekharreddy,Chao Huang, Siddhardha Busi, Jobina Rajkumari, Ming-Hong Tai, Gang Liu (2017). Green Synthesized Nanomaterials as Theranostic Platforms for Cancer Treatment: Principles, Challenges and the Road Ahead. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 24, 1-17.http://www.eurekaselect.com/150783
- Jobina Rajkumari, Siddhardha Busi, Aneesh Cherukunnel Vasu, Pala Rajasekharreddy(2017), Facile green synthesis of baicalein fabricated gold nanoparticles and their antibiofilm activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa Microbial Pathogenesis, 107: 261-269 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0882401017302243?via%3Dihub
- Kiumars Shamloo, Juan Chen, Jasmine Sardar, Rinzhin T. Sherpa, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Kimberly F. Atkinson,William J. Pearce, Lubo Zhang, Surya M. Nauli (2017). Chronic Hypobaric Hypoxia Modulates Primary Cilia Differently in Adult and Fetal Ovine Kidneys. Frontiers in Physiology, 8: 677.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5611369/
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Nedaa Alomari, Surya M. Nauli (2017). Primary Cilium-Dependent Signaling Mechanisms, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 18, 2272.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5713242/
- Nauli, Surya M., Rajasekharreddy Pala, and Steven J. Kleene (2016). “Calcium channels in primary cilia.” Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 25 (5): 452-458.https://journals.lww.com/co-nephrolhypertens/Abstract/2016/09000/Calcium_channels_in_primary_cilia.12.aspx
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2014). Biosynthesis and characterization of Pd and Pt nanoparticles using Piper betle plant in a photoreduction method. Journal of Cluster Science, 25: 1377-1388.https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10876-014-0715-3
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2014). Biofabrication of Ag nanoparticles using Sterculia foetida seed extract and their toxic potential against mosquito vectors and HeLa cancer cells. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 39, 203-212.https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0928493114001209
- Pathipati Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy (2011) Green synthesis of silver-protein (core–shell) nanoparticles using Piper betle leaf extract and its ecotoxicological studies on Daphnia magna. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 389 (1-3): 188-194.https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0927775711005267
- Pala Rajasekharreddy, Pathipati Usha Rani & Bojja Sreedhar (2010). Qualitative assessment of silver and gold nanoparticle synthesis in various plants: a photobiological approach. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 12: 1711-1721.https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11051-010-9894-5
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2012) Non toxic effects of biologically synthesized silver nanoparticles on silkworm, Bombyx mori. Hexapoda 19 (1): 74–78.https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pala_Rajasekharreddy/publication/282156271_Non-toxic_Effects_of_Biologically_Synthesised_Silver_Nanoparticles_on_Silkworm_Bombyx_mori_L/links/56057bbb08aea25fce3350f0/Non-toxic-Effects-of-Biologically-Synthesised-Silver-Nanoparticles-on-Silkworm-Bombyx-mori-L.pdf
- Praveen Kumar Kalavagunta, Rajasekharreddy Pala, Usha Rani Pathipati & Narender Ravirala (2014). Identification of β-Napthol derivatives as novel antifeedants and insecticides-I. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 62, 6571−6576.https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf501705u
- Pathipati Usha Rani, Pala Rajasekharreddy & Kommu Nagaiah (2011). Allelopathic effects of (2n-octylcycloprop-1-enyl)-octanoic acid (I) against Four Major Weeds. Allelopathy Journal. 28 (2) 179-188.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2010). Toxic properties of certain botanical extracts against three major stored product pests. Journal of Biopesticides. 3(3): 586-589.https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pala_Rajasekharreddy/publication/282156415_Toxic_properties_of_certain_botanical_extracts_against_three_major_stored_product_pests/links/56057b2e08aea25fce334f0e.pdf
- Pathipati Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy (2010). Insecticidal activity of (2n-octylcycloprop-1-enyl)-octanoic acid (I) against three coleopteran stored product insects from Sterculia foetida (L.). Journal of Pest Science, 83(3); 273-279.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/225604062_Insecticidal_activity_of_2n-octylcycloprop-1-enyl-octanoic_acid_I_against_three_Coleopteran_stored_product_insects_from_Sterculia_foetida_L
- https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10340-010-0295-4Pathipati Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy (2009). Toxic and antifeedant activities of Sterculia foetida (L.) seed crude extract against Spodoptera litura (F.) and Achaea janata (L.). Journal of Biopesticides 2(2): 161-164.http://www.jbiopest.com/users/LW8/efiles/UshaRani.pdf
- *Pathipati Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy (2013). Plants: The green factories for synthesis of nanomaterials” in the book “Nanotechnology Vol. 6: Energy and Environment” Edited by J.N. Govil. Studium Press LLC, USA.
- Green synthesis of highly monodispersed silver nanoparticles by plant. *P. Usha Rani & Pala Rajasekharreddy (File No. 4020/DEL/2012).
- Novel synthesis of 2-aminobenzothiazolomethyl naphtol derivatives and their antifeedant activity. KP Kumar, Pala Rajasekharreddy, V. Narendar & P. Usha Rani (File No 0802/DEL/2013).
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2007). Green synthesis of nanomaterials using plants. BIOCICON-2007 (Biopesticide International conference), Department of advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2008). Toxic and antifeedant activity of Sterculia foetida seed extract against Spodoptera litura and Achaea janata. 8th National symposium on emerging trends of researches in Insect pest management and environmental safety, Haridwar, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2008). Green synthesized Ag nanoparticles for the control of microbial diseases. ASOMPS-XIII International conference, held at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2009). Colloidal nanoparticles synthesis and their characterization using various microscopic techniques. BIOCICON- 2009, 2nd Biopesticide International conference, held at crop protection research centre (CPRC), Tamil Nadu, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2009). Toxic properties of certain botanicals against pest insects, National conference on Biotechnological approaches for ecofriendly insect pest management, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2013). Biosynthesis of platinum nanoparticles using Tridax procumbens L. Plant. BIOCICON-2013, 4th Biopesticides international conference, CPRC, Palayamkottai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Rajasekharreddy Pala, Surya M. Nauli (2017). Confirmation of ciliary calcium in response to fluid-shear stress. PKD: Challenges, Differing Viewpoints And Ways Forward. Big Sky, Montana, USA.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2012). Biosynthesis of Ag and Au nanomaterials and their toxicity evaluations in mammalian cell lines. International conference on Nanoscience and Technology (ICONSAT-2012), Hyderabad, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2012). Green synthesis of palladium nanoparticles using anthocyanins isolated from M. indica. IUPAC sponsored Second International conference on Agrochemicals Protecting Crops, Health and Natural Environment: Role of Chemists for sustainable agriculture, held at Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Pala Rajasekharreddy & Pathipati Usha Rani (2013). Preparation of lapachol loaded titanium dioxide Nanoparticles for controlled release of Cancer drug delivery at 4th International Congress BioNanoMed-2013 organized by Techkonnex–High-Tech Promotion and the Danube University, Krems, Austria.
EDITOR IN CHIEF
- International Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research
- Open Access Journal of Biotechnology Research and Development
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER
- Cell Biology
- International Journal of Materials Science and Applications
- International Journal of Biomedical Materials Research
- International Journal of Advanced Research in Bio-Technology
REVIEWER OF SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
- Journal of controlled release
- International journal of nanomedicine
- Materials Science and Engineering C
- Materials Letters
- American Journal of Medical and Biological Research
- American Journal of Materials Science and Engineering
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Research
- American Journal of Nanomaterials
- Nanotechnology, Science and Applications
- Research and Reports in Transdermal Drug Delivery
- American Journal of Microbiological Research