The Importance of a Flag

Hi, everyone. In my first post but not least, I am going to talk about the importance of a flag for a country. I believe that Flag means more than an object because it plays a significant role for countries. Its design and colors symbolizes countries and identify their values, beliefs and history in different ways. Each flag represents its own country and nation all around the world and conveys specific messages. For instance, the American flag stands for freedom, liberty and civil rights. There are 50 stars on the American flag. Each star represent each state in the United States. The 13 stripes represent the thirteen British colonies that declared independence from Great Britain. I am very dedicated to the flag of my country and care about it. When I see the flag of my country, I feel powerful emotions. It is like something I cannot describe. It just happens all the time because of the environment and society I grow up. In my opinion, every person should show respect and honor to each flag doesn’t matter which flag of a country. I am totally against protests by burning flags because if you oppose to the policies of your government, you should show it in different ways not like making the flag of your country as part of your protest. You punish yourself and your nation when you burn your flag or step on it rather than your government. Burning flags must be something people shouldn’t apply in protests. I don’t agree with this type of actions. In my opinion, governments should follow more strict and deterrent policies on people who insult their flags and set laws in order to avoid that issue. With 9/11 approaching this Sunday. I have nothing to say because I feel bad and sorry for the losses and their families. All I can say is to wish peace throughout the world.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Kerem. Bookmark the permalink.

About Kerem

Hey you guys. My name is Kerem. This is my first year at Chapman University. I am a business major. I am from Turkey. I studied high school in Springfield near Boston, then decided to come here because of the weather. The interesting fact about me is that I have a twin brother. He studies in University of San Diego. We used to fight a lot when we were young and didn't get along very well; however, we are really connected each other right now and I am glad because of that. Finally, It is good to know there is always someone you can rely on whenever you need.