Writing Process

In my first post, I am going to talk about my writing process. There are lots of different methods to write; however I am going to explain what I do if I have an academic essay. When I read the essay question and nothing comes to my mind at the moment. I need some time and research in order to have some ideas. For instance, I would like to describe how I wrote my last paper briefly.

First of all,I read the essay question carefully and made a research to get some basic information about the topic of the paper. Then, I brainstormed ideas and wrote them down on a paper. After I was overwhelmed with ideas, I started to narrow those ideas down and developed a thesis statement. And then, I planned out my paper and began introduction and body paragraphs. I summarized all my points in my conclusion and gave my message. After I finished my essay, I reread my essay to see my mistakes. Then, I started editing my grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Finally, I had someone read my paper to double check and then submitted it.

I am kind of constricted by rules and willingly to stick with the plan. I do share my work if someone asks because I believe that everybody has different point of view, so we are all related to each other’s ideas. He can inspire me on the feedback and cause a positive outcome on my work that brings out a better work. I use the almost same method for academic essays and non-academic essays. When I have an academic essay, I pay attention to every steps of my writing process and spend much time for research; however, I be less rigorous and careful for my non-academic essays. I don’t have a different process for a blog post than a paper, The only difference is between process of a blog than process of a paper is that I spend less time on blog than paper because of their work loads. I feel more comfortable on writing a blog than writing a paper even though this is my first time posting something on a blog. In my opinion writing a paper seems more complex than writing a paper because there are some basic rules you can’t skip for academic essays; however, writing a blog is kind of free writing. As a result, I talked my writing process with details and my opinions about academic and non-academic essays.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Kerem. Bookmark the permalink.

About Kerem

Hey you guys. My name is Kerem. This is my first year at Chapman University. I am a business major. I am from Turkey. I studied high school in Springfield near Boston, then decided to come here because of the weather. The interesting fact about me is that I have a twin brother. He studies in University of San Diego. We used to fight a lot when we were young and didn't get along very well; however, we are really connected each other right now and I am glad because of that. Finally, It is good to know there is always someone you can rely on whenever you need.